Spring is almost here, and many take the opportunity for a fresh start around the house, office, or property. More specifically, March is Spring Cleaning Month. It is a designated time for deep cleaning spaces, from top to bottom. Of course, we suggest a good deep clean to stay ahead of upcoming annual inspections.
Molly Maid’s ultimate Spring Cleaning Checklist offers helpful tips for around the home. When cleaning your house, make sure you:
- Dust everything including and fans or fixtures in your home.
- Clean Windowsills and Cracks. Remember, this is a deep clean!
- Vacuum curtains and blinds
- Wipe all surfaces in your home, including baseboards
- Clean out the fridge
- Rotate mattresses
- Don’t forget the bathrooms need a good scrub
- Take the time to check the batteries in your smoke detectors. Defective detectors negatively impact inspection scores.
Spring is also a great time to clean and organize office spaces. When was the last time you cleaned your desk area? When spring cleaning around the office, don’t forget to:
- Used canned air cleaner to spray out computer keyboards
- Wipe down all surfaces including your mouse and phone
Of course, most people will want to get outdoors as Spring arrives. We also have helpful tips to tidy up outdoors and to keep it clean ahead of your inspections.
- First, remove everything from garages and storage areas
- Second, pressure wash all outdoor surfaces including furniture, decks, and patios
- Third, wash out garbage and recycling bins
- Finally, remove and wash window screens and wash the outside of windows on your property.
Spring Forward: Daylight Saving Time
Spring also means our clocks will soon spring forward. Don’t forget to remind residents and staff to set clocks one hour forward on Sunday, March 13, 2022. DST will also bring more daylight and more children will be outdoors as temperatures begin to warm. Take this time to remind all residents to keep it slow and safe when driving on multi-family properties.